Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:17:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth adapter?

Lukas,

> today I got hold of a Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth adapter. When I put it
> into the slot of my Thinkpad T20 running 5.1-CURRENT I can see some
> console messages (like "sio4: <Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth> ...", "sio4:
> fast mode not possible, using normal"... sorry that I don't have the
> exact messages, they didn't  make it into /var/log/messages and I would
> need to copy them by hand if you need them :-/) and then the machine
> freezes, requiring a power cycle.
>
> Any hints?

i have the same card. this is 16550 UART based card. the sio(4) driver
will recognize it as serial port/modem. i can make it work with OLDCARD.
here is the part of my kernel config.

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
device          pcic            # PCMCIA bridge
device          card 1          # pccard bus

# NEW CARD
#device         cbb             # cardbus (yenta) bridge
#device         pccard
#device         cardbus

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

also you will need to run pccardd(8). here is the part of my /etc/pccard.conf

# Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth Apater
card "Xircom" "CreditCard-Bluetooth-Adapter" "CBT"
        config  auto    "sio"   ?

in order to use the card as bluetooth adapter you will need

- ng_h4(4) module - bluetooth H4 line discipline.
- hcserial(8) daemon - supervisor for serial bluetooth devices

/usr/share/examples/netgraph/bluetooth/rc.bluetooth script does everything
for you. all you need to do is

- plug the card
- run rc.bluetooth start sioX (where X is a port number)

IMPORTANT: due to problems with sio(4) driver (buffer overrun errors even
under light load) you probably will not be able to use this card. bluetooth
H4 link *must* be reliable. i can only do very limited testing before sio(4)
starts complaining about buffer overrun errors and bluetooth links becomes
broken.

thanks,
max