Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:03:56 +0100
From:      Alexander Konovalenko <kono@kth.se>
To:        Andreas Lattka <newsletter@lattka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wireless pc/usb-card support in FreeBSD 6.0

On Monday 20 February 2006 21:48, Andreas Lattka wrote:
> I am using the Netgear WG511 v2 with NDIS drivers, works without any
> problem.
>
> Andreas

Thanks for suggestion, I bought NETGEAR WG511 and successfully made NDIS
driver with ndisgen and ndiscvt utilities and then recompiled kernel. Card
was recognized and I get rid of the message "driver is not attached" which
scared me at the beginning though.

 I have not tested this card with real access point yet, but ifconfig works
fine and the fact that I see "no carrier" is probably because there is no one
in the air to connect to I guess, or?

/Alexander Konovalenko

+46-8-5537-8142 (office)
+46-7-3752-2116
http://daemon.nanophys.kth.se/~kono

Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
Nanostructure Physics Department, Albanova
Roslagstullsbacken 21
10691 Stockholm
Sweden