Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:22:24 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
Cc:        Jeremy Domingue <jer@hughes.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

>What are you talking about, I was talking about for a HIGHLY used server,
>as in, more then cdrom.com,

   ...and yahoo.com, and hotmail.com (and countless thousands of other "HIGHLY
used" Internet servers)...you mean, like those servers?

> and I was talking about a REAL server, not a
>PC supped up.  I am talking about a rack mount server, a REAL server.

   ftp.cdrom.com and www.cdrom.com are rack mounted, but that has nothing
to do with them being "REAL" servers or not.
   If your definition of a "REAL" server is one that doesn't contain an
Intel CPU, then that's fine, but is nothing more than your opinion and
has little to do with the reality of the world.

>Which in case you where out of the loop, most REAL servers use RISC.

   No, they don't. Most servers in the world - be them corporate-internal or
Internet, are PCs running, unfortunately, Windows/NT.

-DG

David Greenman