Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:32:04 -0800
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Efren Bravo <efrenba@yahoo.es>
Cc:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail - restrict some users.

On Dec 7, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Efren Bravo wrote:
> Which feature of Sendmail can I use to prohibit
> an local user to send and to receive mails?
>
> For intance:
>
> jhon receive from *.cu only
>      send    to *.cu and *.domain.com

While it is possible to prevent a user from sending mail at all, it
is not easily possible to permit them to send mail, but only to a
limited set of domains, using the normal mechanisms.  While you can
write your own LOCAL_RULESETS to accomplish the goal, anyone with a
smidgen of clue could work around such a restriction by forging email
as if it came from another user.

In other words, you're describing a social problem which should be
enforced by getting the user to agree to use email only for
legitimate purposes, and by monitoring their usage by checking the
mail logfiles to ensure they don't abuse email by sending to
inappropriate domains.

--
-Chuck