Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:50:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst.dehaan@nl.wanadoo.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ant script annoyances

I agree with this. IMHO 'classpath-config' would be a good name for such
a tool. With the following options (or similar with different names):

  --all -> CLASSPATH contains all JARs and subdirs from $JAVASHAREDIR.

  --add -> Add selected paths and JARs in the current CLASSPATH variable
  instead of overriding it.

  --with-lib=<library_name> -> include the specified JAR  in the
  CLASSPATH. For example, '--with-lib=junit' would add the first JAR
  file whose name starts with 'junit' in the JAVASHAREDIR directory.

The first two options are mandatory. The third could just be implemented
later. I only listed it here to demonstrate the usefulness of such a
tool for efficient java application coding/running.

Herve