Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:13:18 -0800
From:      Matt Navarre <mnavarre@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk problems - hard error reading fsbn NNNNNNNN

After a power outage last night I rebooted my computer and  fsck
complained of the following :

ad1s2e: hard error reading fsbn 5103776  (ad1s2 bn 5103776; cn 317 tn
177 sn 20) status=59 error=40

Then goes on for a while giving the same error on blocks 5103776 -
5103807, except for block 5103777 which has error=01.

Does this mean the disk is failing, or can I just reformat? And what's
the best way to recover any recoverable data from that slice?
Unfortunately I don't have a recent backup, since my tape drive joined
the choir invisible a while ago and I haven't had a chance to replace it.