Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:23:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIND NXT Bug Vulnerability

The ports tree currently has 8.2.1 though, I'm sure alot of people have
resorted to using this, I have. Has the maintainer of this port been
contacted yet? -matt

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Mike Tancsa wrote:

: At 08:25 PM 11/10/99 , Robert Watson wrote:
: >3.3-RELEASE appears to use 8.1.2, which I believe is not vulnerable.  My
: >understanding is that this bug was introduced in 8.2.* of BIND.  Please
: >correct me if I am wrong.
:
: Actually, the initial posting to bugtraq only shows some of the picture.
: There are in fact 6 bugs listed on the given URL,
:
: e.g.
:
: Name: "solinger bug"
: Versions affected:     8.1, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.2 patchlevel 1, 8.2.1
: Severity:     SERIOUS
: Exploitable:     Remotely
: Type:     Denial of service
:
:
: 	---Mike
: **********************************************************************
: Mike Tancsa, Network Admin        *  mike@sentex.net
: Sentex Communications Corp,       *  http://www.sentex.net/mike
: Cambridge, Ontario                *  01.519.651.3400
: Canada                            *
:
:
: with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message
:

--
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians
 would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees