Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2013 22:05:35 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        Tom Everett <tom@khubla.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Booting Beagleboard Black

https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/BeagleBoneBlack .
>=20
> Specifically
>=20
> 1 - unplug the usb and sd card
> 2 - plug in sd
> 3 - hold down "user/boot" button located by the sd connection, at the =
FAR end of the board from the other two buttons
> 4 - plug in USB
> 5 - observe power light go on
> 6 - release "user/boot" button
>=20
> The power light stays on, but nothing else happens.  Perhaps my .img =
file is not correct, is there somewhere I can download a "known to work" =
.img file?

Do you have a USB to serial cable to monitor what is happening during =
the startup?  Something like http://www.adafruit.com/products/954 is =
very handy.  It can help let you know whether it is booting the right =
image, or how far it is getting in the boot sequence.

I've managed to boot a Crochet-produced image on my BeagleBone Black, so =
I know it is possible.

Cheers,

Paul.=