Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:14:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Davis <dd002f@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Gravis Ultrasound

	I am having difficulty configuring my Gravis Ultrasound PNP
properly. My GUS has the following settings:

IRQ: 11

synth:
DMA 1: 5
I/O Base 1: 0x220
DMA 2: 7
I/O Base 2: 0x320

codec:
I/O Base: 0x32c

(Soundblaster/Adlib, MPU401 info omitted).

I rebuilt my kernel with the following options added:

controller pnp0
controller snd0
device gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 11 drq 5 flags 0x7 vector gusintr
(The GUS gives no info about which DMA is read, which is write, so I took
a guess)

At reboot, I received the message "gus0 not found at 0x220."
I tried using UserConfig to change the port setting to 0x320, then 0x32c,
but neither worked. If you could give me a solution or some guidance, your
help would be much appreciated.

-Davis Doherty