Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:05:40 -0600
From:      Dave Cantrell <phaedrus@alltel.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opera freezes on startup

On Sun 03 Mar 02 09:15, you wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 04:01:33PM +0000, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> > I installed the Opera port on this weekends -STABLE and when I
> > try to start it, it freezes on downloading operas start page.
>
> If you installed Opera TP3 (The name on the port is
> linux-opera-6.0.20020110.1,) then this is a known problem.
> An updated port skeleton was committed recently, and it
> fixed the problem for me.

The latest upgrade (from TP3 to B1) did not solve the problem for me.  But
this time it appears that some sites that TP3 took forever to load are a bt
better in B1.  Still, I went back to TP2 and all is well again.

I e-mailed the maintainer this morning informing him of (my/the) continuing
problem.  I understand that he cannot reproduce the problem, so any help we
(those of us with the problem) can give him might help.

drc
--
Dave Cantrell		| Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is User Friendly.
phaedrus@alltel.net	| It's just choosy with whom it makes friends.