Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 00:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FDDI Controller Driver Help...

Hi there again,

A piece of help on FDDI controllers is hereby solicited:

a.  Having the DEC cards that respond to the ``fpa'' driver (they are
    actually CDDI - the copper version, etc.), how do I hook them up.  My
    supplier has no docs and I need a quick answer as to which cable goes
    where, whatr the pinout on the RJ-45 should be, etc.

b.  Whoever maintains this driver should consider submitting a tiny patch
    that adds the driver and its attendant files to i386/conf/files.i386.

c.  How do I go about setting it up in ifconfig?  any special dark secrets?
    does it (the card) actually work?   Is it stil supported?  etc.

thanx a million...

Simon