Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:06:14 -0400
From:      Bill Maniatty <maniattb@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello All:

I am getting to the point was considering trying to put together
a machine (which would have a 2 printers and a scanner) for use
under FreeBSD Stable.  I would like to get some feedback on the
component selection, and its fitness for use (and do you think it
will integrate well?).  On a side note I am considering waiting
for the Onstream ADR tape drives before purchasing a larger capacity
backup device.

Motherboard: Asus P2B-DS (with ultrwide SCSI)
Processors: 2 Intel PIII 450 MHZ
Disk: 2x9.1 GB SCSI 7200 RPM (Quantum Viking or Atlas?  IBM?)
SCSI Zip Drive
RAM: 256 MB 100 PCI ECC RAM
CD/ROM: Toshiba SCSI (32 or 40X)
Scanner: Hewlett Packard ScanJet 6200cxi (SCSI interface)
Printers: Epson Stylus 850
          HP Laser 2100
Ethernet: 3Com 10/100
Monitor: Viewsonic 19 Inch PT795 Flat monitor
Case: Inwin Q500 (Full tower + 300 watt power supply)

Video Card: Matrox Millenium G200 (or G400 if the price is right) AGP
Sound Card: Creative Labs Soundblaster PCI 512
Extra Parallel Port Card: who knows?

(Accidentally omitted from bid)
Keyboard: Normal PS-2 Keyboard
Mouse: 3 Button Logitech Mouse (NOT an OEM mouse!)
Speakers: ??? Don't know

Thanks:

Bill Maniatty