Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:11:44 -0700
From:      Greg Douglass <gmd@apache.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   snd:unable to allocate 65536 bytes of buffer

	I am installing 2.2.5 on a system. It has a Pentium II 300MHz, 1 GB RAM, Tyan Tiger mainboard, Matrox Millenium II AGP, and a SoundBlaster 16.
	I had to remove 3 of the DIMMs until I could compile a kernel with the BOUNCE_BUFFERS option removed. Once this was done I was able to boot with all of the DIMMs installed. However, I am now getting the following message:

snd:unable to allocate 65536 bytes of buffer

	MIDI still works but, /dev/audio and /dev/dsp are non-functional obviously. Is this due to removing the BOUNCE_BUFFERS option from the kernel? If so, how can I keep the BOUNCE_BUFFERS option and still use all the DIMMs?
	Any help would be greatly appreciated.