Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:40:47 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Rene de Vries <rene@tunix.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware Crypto support (RSA acceleration)

--i9LlY+UWpKt15+FH

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 01:03:56PM +0200, Rene de Vries wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> For an SSL based application we are using the Rainbow CryptoSwift (a=20
> PCI card with RSA acceleration). This works fine on FreeBSD 4.1, but as=
=20
> we upgraded to FreeBSD 4.7 the driver panics the kernel.
> We asked Rainbow for a driver update, but they told us that FreeBSD 4.7=
=20
> drivers are not available. Rainbow used to mention FreeBSD as a=20
> supported OS, but in the meantime they removed all references to=20
> FreeBSD...
> Does anyone have an idea on either a replacement card or (even better)=20
> fixes for the Rainbow drivers?

It depends on what performance the Rainbow hardware has.
Soekris Engineering (http://www.soekris.com/) has a hifn
card that might work on the low end.  If you need more
performance, there are broadcom based cards from Interface Master
(http://www.interfacemasters.com/products/index.html) and apparently
also from Sun.  These cost around $1k.

I've orderd some on the Interface Masters cards, but haven't got them
yet (I'm not actually sure if purchasing has places the PO yet).

-- Brooks

--=20

--i9LlY+UWpKt15+FH

--i9LlY+UWpKt15+FH--