Date:      Sun, 16 May 2004 19:21:48 +0000
From:      "Lee Harr" <missive@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation on a single partition

>I'd like to install FreeBSD on a single partition, how can I do that?
>The sys/installer complains about a missing swap partition, (I'd rather
>use swap files though).

I have never tried this. It is very possible that the installer cannot
work without creating a separate swap partition.

What you might try is using 2 disks.

Install normally on to one disk, then copy the installation over to
the disk that you really want to use, remove the swap partition
from the fstab, and create the swapfiles you want to use.

Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.
http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married