Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:02:36 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        amir@comtrol.com (Amir Farah)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RocketPort driver

Amir Farah stands accused of saying:

> I have a driver for Comtrol RocketPort Serial Controller Cards. Is there
> any hope of making it into the next release of FreeBSD?? If not, what is a
> good place to make the driver accessible to people. The driver has been
> tested by a few people as a beta product and has performed well.

If you could bundle the driver and some instructions for installing it
(perhaps ask me about the KernelDriver automated driver installation
script), we could get Jordan to put it on the 2.2 CD in the 'experimental'
section.

I have a reasonable pile of stuff that I want to go there, and I'd
suggest that anyone else that wants wider distribution for their
work-in-progress project should pester jkh for inclusion.

Jordan, perhaps a short announcement and a day or two of grace for us
to get stuff together?