Date:      Thu, 03 Aug 2000 12:48:40 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compact flash card

In message <14729.39929.800624.94715@grasshopper.cs.duke.edu> Andrew Gallatin writes:
: If I do 'pccardc dumpcis ' I see:
: 	Configuration data for card in slot 1
: 	Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
:
: The card is a Kingston cf/48 in a Kingston "Compact Flash PC Card
: Adapter" I've also tried other compact cards in their own compact-pc
: card adapters (including an IBM microdrive and an ne2000 ethernet
: clone) and they all behave the same way.

I've used the following cards with CF adapters on my FreeBSD Sony
VAIO, with a Ricoh RF5C296 ISA card and a Vadem 469 based ISA card:
	Simple Technology CF (4MB and 64MB)
	San Disk CF (16MB, 32MB, 48MB, 64MB)
	Viking CF (32MB and 48MB)
	3COM 3C1 (although the driver doesn't work)
	Xircom CompactEther card (ne2000 ed driver works)
with 4 different CF <-> PCCARD adapters (one by San Disk, one by
Simple Technology that were type I CF adapters and the Type II CF
adapters that come with the 3C1 and Xircom ne2000).

My guess is that your adapter might have problems...  Although I can't
explain why it was working on Windows for you.

Warner