Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:37:26 -0400
From:      "Foster,Nicholas" <nfoster@foxboro.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HP Omnibook compatibility

Greetings all,

I am having difficulty installing FreeBSD 4.1-release to an older laptop, an
HP Omnibook 600C. The autoprobe seems to find everything, including the
PCMCIA hard drive, with one exception: no matter what hardware settings I
choose, the installer cannot find my PCMCIA ethernet card, a Linksys EC2T
(an NE2000 compatible). I have heard of BSD on such a laptop before, though,
and the card is explicitly mentioned as being supported in the hardware FAQ.
I suppose I could link up PLIP, but that kinda defeats the purpose of
putting BSD on the laptop, which was to act as a small server. Any clues
here?

Please reply directly to my address, nfoster@foxboro.com .

Thank you,
nick