Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:56:18 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD HD4250 on BETA3 / KMS does not wake up from screen saver

--gnbiMbuL096HmwTR645Vu3tamBIipIfs4

On 13.11.2013 15:43, Mathias Picker wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello!

> The hd4250 works ok, but on wakeup from screensaver it will not accept
> any input nor show any movement on the screen (e.g. the clock is stuck)=
=2E
> I can still move the mouse.

I confirm this issue and can be reproduced easily using xset(1) when a
KDE session is opened:
    DISPLAY=3D:0 xset dpms force off
    DISPLAY=3D:0 xset dpms force on
    # Screen frozen

The bug doesn't show when using a lighter window manager (eg.
x11-wm/awesome). I'm currently debugging this.

If you want to try my development branch
(https://github.com/dumbbell/freebsd/tree/kms-drm-update-38), which
contains an updated DRM code, DPMS works perfectly. But so far, I
couldn't nail down the culprit in HEAD.

> P.S. The discrete card, an amd hd5650 shows no picture at all. the
> server log looks ok, but all I get is a blank screen :(

Yesn that's expected, as we currently don't support multiple video cards
sharing the same set of output connectors (and 10.0-RELEASE won't
support this either).

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron