Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:50:27 -0500
From:      "Meenoo Shivdasani" <meenoo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   splunk on FreeBSD 6.1/AMD 64

I know that this isn't an officially supported configuration, but
rumor has it that it's possible to run splunk 2.1 on a 64-bit FreeBSD
6.1 installation so I was wondering if anyone has it working.

splunk 2.1.2
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10 #3
compat5x-amd64-5.4.0.8_7 A convenience package to install the compat5x libraries

I mostly followed the recommendations @
http://www.splunk.com/base/forum:SplunkGeneral/289 -- I didn't install
ldconfig_compat because it's included in ldconfig and I tried both
installing via the package and installing by expanding the tarball
that they provide.

At this point, if I try to start up the server, I get a series of these errors:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /opt/splunk/lib/libz.so.3: unsupported file layout

and then it bails out.

Thanks in advance,