Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:54:07 +0000
From:      Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
To:        "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making a bootable CD for FreeBSD-stable?

On 25 January 1999, "Greg Quinlan" proclaimed:
> Has anyone got any ideas about a diskless configuration of FreeBSD on a
> bootable CD-ROM.
>
> ie.
> no swap
> /var & /tmp ... etc as ram disks.
>
> Too complex or too easy?
>
> All I need is for someone to point me in the right direction!

Look in the -current archives, about 6 months ago.  Satoshi asked this
one.  I seem to recall that the conclusion was "don't bother, you'll fry
your CDROM drive far too quickly".
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator

``Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.''
		-- Henry Spencer
the system manager.