Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:35:58 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Majid Almassari <majid@ibroadcast.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, markm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Perl5 installation problems from ports

Majid Almassari wrote:

> I'm having a problem trying to update perl from 5.004_04 to 5.005_03 or the
> latest perl on a FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE.  I'm using cvsup with an edited
> version of ports-supfile in  /usr/share/example, this is how my
> ports-supfile looks like:

What do the bsd.port.* files in /usr/share/mk look like? I'm guessing
you still have "real" versions of those, whereas recent versions
of FreeBSD have those simply as stubs to the real versions under
/usr/ports/Mk. Try updating those four files (you need bsd.port.mk and
bsd.port.{pre,post,subdir}.mk) from RELENG_3 or something (use cgiweb
if you can't get them any other way, they're all very small). If you've
cvsupped ports then /usr/ports/Mk should be up to date, so you don't
need to fiddle with those.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D