Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:30:09 GMT
From:      Ariff Abdullah <ariff@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/104678: SMP not working on Turion XP Laptop

The following reply was made to PR i386/104678; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ariff Abdullah <ariff@FreeBSD.org>
To: danolson@visi.com
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, bde@zeta.org.au, infofarmer@FreeBSD.org,
 rainer.alves@gmail.com, kpitcher@KeithPitcher.com
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:22:50 +0800

 On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:50:10 GMT
 Dan Olson <danolson@visi.com> wrote:
 >  > Rainer Alves <rainer.alves@gmail.com> wrote:
 >  >>
 >  >>  I've been using your idle_cpu_* patches for about 6 months and
 >  >>  experienced some minor gliches (system would panic/hang once in
 >  >a >  while). Your new patch seems a lot simpler, and is working
 >  >>  perfectly here so far. Thanks!
 >  >>
 >  >
 >  > This one should become the final patch (if nobody complains about
 >  > it). More thorough check on processor models/revisions especially
 >  > for possible future production. Please backout previous patches
 >  > first before applying this one.
 >  >

 >  This patch works for me.

 Just a final note. Since the interrupt pending message register is
 local to each cpu / core, I had to move the fixup deep into
 lapic_setup() routine though it works with just single cpu / core
 fixup. Better safe than sorry.

   http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/k8_c1e.diff

 --
 Ariff Abdullah
 FreeBSD

 ... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
     and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........