Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:58:13 +0000
From:      Helge Rohde <heroh@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GCC upgrade

On Friday 24 November 2006 16:40, Mark wrote:
> [...]

You could leave the default in place, define a different gcc for the ports
in /etc/make.conf and then just add to the list of excludes every time you
run into problems while building a port.
Thats what i do, and so far roughly 80% of the ports seem quite content with
gcc4.2
If that sounds cool to you, checkout this sample make.conf out of some german
Howto. You wont need knowledge of german, Its self explaining enough.
http://wiki.bsdforen.de/index.php/Make.conf_optimieren#.2Fetc.2Fmake.conf

have fun,
Helge