Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 09:28:41 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai" <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@freebsd.org>

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:08:19 +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

>>How about a list for them?
>>Freebsd-daemons
>
>How about a a few parts in the FAQ, pointing at the daemons' FAQs?
>
>I mean, ask if they read a FAQ or manual and the answer is 9 times out
>of 10: "no".

Wouldn't they need to read the FreeSD FAQ first? :-)

I think that people will ask questions about daemons no matter what.
Even if we do such new list, there will still be people who will ask
them in "questions". I am just hoping that such list will help to
organize the questions.

It is also to be said in favor of new users who don't read FAQs that
they simply need time to adjust if they are coming from a non Unix like
OS. Other times one does one's searches the wrong route and read FAQs
and man pages, but since one is clueless one was reading the wrong
ones.