Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:01:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        imp@harmony.village.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jandrese@mitre.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/X11 on NEC Daylite?

David Wolfskill writes:
 > So I prowled around; the BIOS claimed to be from 1992, and after some
 > rather lucky guesses, I found that the motherboard was (probably?) made
 > by Intel, and that there was a more recent BIOS available (1997
 > vintage).
 >
 > After weirder stuff than I really want to think about, I managed to
 > flash the BIOS to the new version... and the machine now copes with
 > multiple bootable slices Just Fine, thank you very much.

I thought maybe the BIOS just needed to be upgraded, but according to
AST's web page I'm currently running the latest upgrade of the BIOS.
It could be that this machine is just so old that they haven't
bothered to create new BIOS code for it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys!  I'll check the AST web page
again and also look into other boot managers.

/raj