Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:29:09 +0300
From:      Krassimir Slavchev <krassi@bulinfo.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd & PAP

We use FreeBSD 2.2.8 to provide dial-up services.
Clients logged in with PAP authorization. We use mgetty with /AutoPPP/
to invoke pppd. All works fine, but occurs following problem:
when there is no connection outside our server to internet users can't
logged in.
After debuging we examinate that:
pppd complete PAP athorization and write user in utmp file, wait and
exit with HANGUP before inform the kernel of local and remote
IP addresses and can't complete IPCP negotoation.
We have 2 local DNS that are working without interuption and resolve all

local addresses.
Additional information:
when clients are using terminal login the problem does not exist.

Any hints will be helpfull

Best regards Krassimir Slavchev