Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:52:31 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        FreeBSD Documenters <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Another Installation Guide [was: FreeBSD Advocacy]

On Monday,  5 April 1999 at 19:16:32 +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 5 Apr 99, at 16:49, Sue Blake wrote:
>
>> Having decided to proceed, you've got a big choice to make.
>> Do you want this to be an independent effort, or a FreeBSD project?
>> There are pros and cons with each, but you can't have it both ways.
>
> This is something I may have missed before.  Everyone seems to agree an IG
> is needed.  We now seem only to be debating the form: should it be part of
> the Handbook or not.

Yup, you missed it.  I said it in at least 3 messages.

> Does this mean that if the IG is not part of the Handbook, then it's
> not a FreeBSD Project? [this isn't directed necessarily at you Sue]

Not to the same degree.  Darren made it clear that he didn't like
doing it in the framework of the handbook.  That doesn't mean that it
won't be gratefully accepted if he finishes it and does a good job,
just that it's not a planned project.  I think Sue put the issues
pretty well.

Greg