Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:24:07 +0200
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kris@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/comms/xcept Makefile ports/comms/xcept/files patch-ab]

As Kris Kennaway wrote:

> FYI
>
> Kris

>   Log:
>   Don't install ceptd setuid root: it's a daemon you run as root from
>   inetd.conf, so it doesn't need the additional privileges.
>
>   This port still bogusly hardcodes /usr/local as the installation
>   directory.

I don't intend to spend much work into this anymore.  The Deutsche
Telekom will stop its Btx service by end of this year, and this was
IMHO the last service provider on the world xcept could be used for.

I Cc the ports list for opinions, in case someone steps forward and
tells me that their country still uses the CEPT Btx protocol, i'm
willing to maintain it.  Otherwise the port expires 2001-12-31.

[I'm not subscribed to ports.]