Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:45:58 -0400
From:      Matthew Donadio <mdonadio@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome 2.4

Hi Joe and other developers,

I have a few questions about the Gnome 2.4 release that will be
happening sometime soon with respect to people who are using Gnome
2.2.2.

I know several new apps are going to be in the baseline Gnome 2.4
installation.  Some of them, like epiphany and totem, are in the normal
ports tree.  Does it make sense to install any of these apps now to cut
down on compile/download times when the release happens?

Apart from the Gnome 1.4 stuff which was removed from the posts tree,
are there any apps that we should start to migrate away from (eg,
galeon)?

For those of us who track the ports tree, should there be any headaches
that we should be aware of, or will a cvsup and porupgrade be
sufficient?

Thanks.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)