Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:19:52 -0500 (GMT)
From:      fireal@earthlink.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soundblaster Live! on FreeBSD 4.8?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out how to get sound configured on my machine with Free=
BSD 4.8 (or even 5.1) for that matter.  I have a Creative Soundblaster Live=
! card.  I added sound to the kernel, rebooted, and made the device(for 4.8=
).  I can see the card in dmesg, and even get a volume control (using KDE),=
 but cannot play any sounds.  =E2=80=9Cfstat | grep dsp=E2=80=9D shows arts=
d running.  But running or not, I have no sound.

I have searched the various related lists, checked the handbook, google.com=
/bsd, etc, and can find no definite answer to my question.  I understand th=
at SB Live isn=E2=80=99t supported, yet some people say that have them set =
up and working, and that there is no reason they should not work in BSD.  I=
=E2=80=99m just wondering if there is anything that I can do, or are any re=
sources to check into.

Thanks in advance,

Brian