Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:40:11 +0300
From:      omax@mail.lviv.ua
To:        owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Igor Kulemzin <ivk@kristal.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: POWERDOWN

  Hello Igor,
  I've add the line
device apm
  and commented following
#device          apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management

  but now the system writes
synk disks...
done
up time 1m30s
  and hangs up, not answering at any key but still working
  (monitor is turned on, coolers ...)

Have I done something wrong?

IK> Hi omax,

IK>   Add this string to your kernel config file:

IK>   device   apm

IK>   and recompile kernel.

IK> Thursday, June 13, 2002, 3:29:43 PM, you wrote:

omlu>> I have FreeBSD4.4 and win98 on one box.
omlu>> How could I powerdown my ATX box correctly it still works ("press any
omlu>> key to reboot") after I issue # shutdown -p now
omlu>> So I have to use power button on box to turn off my computer
omlu>> On Win98 powerdown works as expected.
omlu>> What APCI or APM configurations should I use? Or I need som special
omlu>> driver?

omlu>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

--
Best regards,
 omax                            mailto:omax@mail.lviv.ua