Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:52:34 -0700
From:      John Hall <j.hall@f5.com>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bandwidth

I run cvsup8.freebsd.org.  Looking back the last four months,
I get the following numbers.  I don't keep load averages
because it's always been negligible (.1 - .3).

Since Feb 28th I've gotten:

114,278 connections (1058 conn/day)
2,691,482Mb == 2.5Tb == avg. 295Kb/s inbound
1,656,832Mb == 1.5Tb == avg. 181Kb/s outbound

This works out to about 476Kb/s combined inbound/outbound
with a ratio of 5/3 inbound/outbound which is surprising until
you remember how cvsupd works.

I have my maxclients set to 32.  I haven't kept numbers for
concurrent connections, but when I've been on the box there
always seems to be between 5 and 12 concurrent connections
running.

JMH