Date:      27 Nov 2002 20:19:37 +0200
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul Gelderblom <paul.gelderblom@lostboys.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: possible additions to cvsweb offered

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 12:08, Paul Gelderblom wrote:

> I agree, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that sensibly in the UI: now you
> select name sorting by clicking on the header. I could of course make it
> such that a second click on the Filename header toggles the sort type, but
> that is not what most users expect.

No, I don't think that's a good idea.

> Otherwise we would need a user-settings panel or an extra switch at the
> bottom. Pretty easy to implement, but wouldn't that be a bit overdone?

We already have user options, like preferred diff type, sort log by
[___] etc.  I think this would fit there just fine.  Maybe if the
options start to pile up they deserve a view of their own view.  And
cookie support...

> > > 2 * picture previews:
> >
> > Hmm, I get your point.  But I'm not 100% sure about how this could be
> > sensibly implemented.  Are you "forcing" the image sizes to something
> > fixed?  Some screenshots would be nice.  See also [1].
> No, I'm not forcing it. I basically use the auto-layout of the browser.
> (which works if you do not fill in the image size). It doesn't look that
> stylish, but it works very well.

...at least when, like in your screenshot, the image sizes are close to
each other in size and relatively small.  Anyway, I think this and the
crosslinks are prime examples of what should be customized using
templates.

--
\/ille Skyttä
scop at FreeBSD.org