Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 22:47:51 -0500
From:      Stephen Couchman <scouch@io.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI disk not being recognized

I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.0.5 from a Walnut Cove CD.  When I try to
partition my hard disk, I am told that the system cannot find it.

I am using an Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller with a Fujitsu SCSI disk drive
attached.  This drive is found without a problem by MS-DOS, but not by BSD.
Do I have to modify the kernel using boot: -c?  How do I get BSD to
recognize my SCSI hard disk (it is the only disk in my PCI system).

Thanks -- Stephen
Stephen Couchman    | scouch@io.org