Date:      Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:45:40 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Removing perl usage from mergemaster

Doug Barton wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > Here's a patch that removes all trails of Perl usage from mergemaster.
>
> Your work looks good, but I wish you'd asked before embarking on it. My
> current plan is actually to import netbsd's stat(1), which will solve this
> problem very neatly. I was hoping to do it sooner than now, but some
> family business, and a dead hard drive interfered with that plan. I am
> reasonably sure that I can get to it tonight.

If all it did was motivate you to do the patch sooner than you
would have, then it was worthwhile.  ;^).

If on the other hand, you want to wait so that you aren't rushed,
there's really no reason to not commit his code in the interim,
as an interim fix that you will later replace with "stat(1)".

Either way, it's all nice work.

-- Terry