Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:26:29 +0200
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>, nlaroche@vt.edu, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lenovo Thinkpad t61p and FreeBSD?

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 07:45:12AM -0500, Josh Paetzel wrote:

Hi,

> I'm interested in whatever cooling solutions people have...

For my T60 i made a perl script for controlling the fans and
the cpu speed. A few months ago i changed it to work together
with powerd and i must say, i got it pretty workable now.

With a normal workload (browsing the internet, reading mail,
ssh'ing to control the rest of the world), the temp is
under 60 degrees.

http://www.unixguru.nl/made/ibm_fancontrol_fbsd.txt

--
Regards,