Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:43:35 +0200
From:      Anton Stamenov <anton.stamenov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LIRC guide for FreeBSD

I don't have deep knowledge about remotes and infrared and lirc, what
I can help is to show my success story.

My dongle, is also serial, and there is a serial driver for lirc under
freebsd. I'm using it. My setup is little bit oposite, I have a
FreeBSD box which is setup as media box and I controll different
multimedia (not only) stuff on this box using my remote. I'm watching
TV, using one old Pinncle PCTV Pro card which is well supported under
FreeBSD.

--
anton