Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:45:49 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mat=EEss?= Elsbergs <sandstorm@astranet.lv>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Background processes limiting

> Matīss Elsbergs wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm intending to run public shells server on 4.3 release, but I can not find out, how to limit background processes for freeshell users.
>
> man login.conf didn't showed me any keywords.
>
> Is there a need to install some other software?

What about just using the maxproc setting? This limits all processes,
but a shell user shouldnt really have many more than 5 things running,
at least I dont think they would...

Giving them a limit of 5 would mean 4 background processes, since there
shell would use the 5th... I dont know if there is another way, but this
seems like a simply answer :P