Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:31:15 +0000 (WET)
From:      dleal@webvolution.net
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware network

Hi all!
I am running FreeBSD-4.4-stable. When I was running 4.4-prerelease I instaled vmware2. In the beggining of the instalation I answared "yes" to the question related to netgraph bridging. I also associate my fxp0 to this. Later I instaled win98 inside vmware and every configuration just (full screen, sound, network, samba...) went fine!!
But I had a probleam that was nothing to do with vmware and I had to reinstall the hole system! I reisntaled with FreeBSD-4.3-release and upgrade
imediatly to FreeBSD-4.4-stable (a week ago). Now I installed again vmware2
and did everythig just like the other time.
But this time vmware complains about /dev/vmnet1:
- If I try to configure it in the vmware configuration editor to "host only", vmware dont even boot. It says:
"could not get adress for /dev/vmnet1: invalid argument, failed to configure
ethernet0"
- If I try to configure it in the vmware configuration editor to "bridged",
vmware also dont boot. It says:
"could not open /dev/vmnet0: no such file or directory, failed to configure
ethernet0"
- If I try to configure it in the vmware configuration editor to "custom" with /dev/vmnet1, vmware also dont boot. It says:
"could not get adress for /dev/vmnet1: invalid argument, failed to configure
ethernet0" (I also read the tutorial from freebsdenzine and that does not work for me either).
Can anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks,
        daniel