Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 17:00:16 -0700
From:      "Carlos C. Tapang" <ctapang@easystreet.com>
To:        "Jonathan Lemon" <jlemon@americantv.com>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FBSDBOOT.EXE

>In a nutshell, there is a table of interrupt vectors which is set
>by the BIOS at boot time, which are used by the loader (and by the
>FreeBSD kernel, if VM86 is turned on).

Thanks, Jonathan. Are any of the following TRUE?
1. FreeBSD is affected by these vectors only if VM86 is turned ON.
2. If somebody is using VM86, s/he must be using DOSEMU or some other DOS
emulator also (I can't think of anything else one would use VM86 for).
3. DOSEMU or any other DOS emulator re-initializes the DOS vectors for
virtualization.

Basically, what I am guessing is that probably we can fix the problem during
vm86 or DOSEMU initialization. I am going to enable vm86 on my system and
see what happens. Right now I am not experiencing any problems, and that's
probably because I do not have vm86 enabled.

--Carlos