Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2000 14:31:17 -0500
From:      Steve Kaczkowski <steve@inc.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Who makes FBSD friendly rackmount systems?

Hey all,

I'm coming to a point where building machines from parts is fast
becoming
something no longer desirable and an looking for alternatives. I'm
trying
to find a manufacturer that builds entire system that are FreeBSD
friendly
and thus far just haven't had any luck.

Here's the specs I'm looking for:

19" Rackmount
Dual hot swap power (2 power plugs if possible)
PIII 800+
1GB or more of ram
Disks aren't soo important since external raid will be used
U2/U160 SCSI onboard or able to take full height PCI card

Nothing real strange or anything so that's why I find it soo weird. I
know
there are vendors like Compaq,Dell,etc,etc but from reading I've come to
find
that systems like this are a little too proprietary in some aspects and
don't run soo well unless you're running NT (especially Compaq)...

So I'd appreciate any pointers you guys can give..

Thanks in advance!

--
Steve Kaczkowski	Time Warner Telecom IDD
steve@inc.net          	(414)908-9012