Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 16:00:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers list FreeBSD <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: LISA'97: how about a BOF session?

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I'm planning on attending LISA'97, (Systems and Network Admin conference,
> > put on by USENIX).  It's the last week of October and is being held in San
> > Diego.  Has a FreeBSD Birds-Of-a-Feather session been scheduled?  Are
> > enough FreeBSD users going to warrant one?
>
> If David Greenman follows up on his plan to attend, I'd say yes,
> there will be a BOF.  If he doesn't then would you like to schedule
> one? :)

Ummm... yeah...  though I'll feel a bit silly doing so given that this is
my first time at a conference of this sort... I don't really know what to
expect from a BOF.  If I scheduled one would I then suddenly find myself
being expected to set an agenda and lead a discussion... or do folks just
show up and chat?

I'd certainly perfer if this role was filled by DG... I expect he has much
more FreeBSD-specific things to say, though I suppose I'm amiable to
whatever...   ;-)

> > I see that Walnut Creek is amongst the vendors that will be in attendance.
> > Who from the FreeBSD camp will at that booth waving the FreeBSD banner?
>
> I believe that David is the only person slated to attend.  I've got a
> trip to Japan coming up, followed immediately thereafter by Comdex, so
> I'm trying to keep my own frequent flier miles to a minimum. :)
>
> 					Jordan

---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx