Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2014 16:34:22 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD 11 Wishlist] Replacing an OpenBSD Firewall

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 05:22:27 -0800 Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
wrote

> On 12/30/14 19:04, Mark Felder wrote:
> > After finding today that some of my intermittent home network problems
> > are likely due to OpenBSD being unable to keep time* on my PC Engines
> > APU4 firewall I am attempting yet again to run FreeBSD in this role.
> >
> > Here are my pain points that made me go with OpenBSD for so long:
> >
> > 1) No IPSEC in GENERIC
> > 2) if_stf not having 6rd support (paging hrs@)
>
> I'll second this.
I'll third this.
> I'd note, however, that you can get 6RD working with
> gif(4) perfectly well so long as you don't care about reaching other
> customers on your local network segment. I've been using this for the
> last 6 months.
I've been using stf w/o gif(4) for ~1yr. First on RELENG_8, and now
on RELENG_9 && 11-CURRENT, using patches kindly provided on the
net@ list, when I also inquired about RA (stf) support.
But, as you mentioned; with the caveat of being unable to communicate
with others on the local net segment.

--Chris