Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:46:01 +0100
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 135937 for review

Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> Change 135937 by marcel@marcel_xcllnt on 2008/02/22 04:21:47
>
> 	Unify <machine/hid.h>
>
> 	Fork the conflicting HID0_TBEN into HID0_AIM_TBEN
> 	and HID0_BOOKE_TBEN. Renbame the e500-specific
> 	defines to include _BOOKE.
>
> 	None of these were actually used.

Just to clarify: HID regs (and their fields) are vendor-specific (Freescale)
and not present on other Book-E compliant systems, for example, PPC440 do not
have them, so I think those defines should rather keep reference to E500, 74XX
and so on.

We can straighten this out at some later stage: as we talked earlier, there's
more areas (pmap to name the most important) that assume E500 and would not
run on other Book-E variations OOTB right now. There's a bit of work involved
to make this port more generic/layered, and I have it on my TODO list.

Rafal