Date:      Fri, 25 Dec 1998 10:47:26 -0700
From:      "george vagner" <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com>
To:        "Michael Maxwell" <drwho@xnet.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: This is getting old...

its telling you that the data is being received into the
uart faster than the processor can read it.

A bit gets set in the uart called uasually reciever overrun
this means that the data was not read before the next
byte of data came in thus overrun...

uasually this is caused by a slower serial port to modem speed
(DTE speed) but can also be caused by a heavily loaded
system in the case of pentiums or an older computer with
16450 uarts (9600 baud max).

if your actually connecting at 33.6 with compression you need
to set your serial port speed at 115200 or turn off your
compression and you can set it at 56k.

if it still does this i think there was a bug in the older versions
of freebsd that kept giving these errors i believe it was on
2.2.5 and below.

Hope this helps