Date:      Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:59:30 -0700
From:      Eric L Palmer <elpalmer@pcocd2.intel.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 driver source

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Which OS are you interested on ? This is a FreeBSD (Unix) forum.

Yes, I know that it is a FreeBSD forum.  For my purposes, the OS is
secondary, and functionality is primary.  I really would just like to
see the code to look at how it constructs the RISC program for the
bt848.  I am working on an application that demands very high
performance out of the capture card and I want to cut down on
system-wide bus utilization due to buffer copies.  I want to be able to
convince the authors of the ISVRIII's Win95/98 driver that changes can
indeed be made to significantly improve performance.

If I need to set up a FreeBSD machine in the lab to get this done, then
fine.  We've got a Linux system, but I haven't yet been able to get the
bttv driver because the connection to their web server always dies.  I
asked them to send me the code as well.  Also, I haven't had much luck
with bttv on my Linux system at home.

 - Eric Palmer
   Intel MD6 Architecture