Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:08:24 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Future of RAIDFrame and Vinum (was: Future of RAIDFrame)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:46:49 +1030
"Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hmm.  I can't see why they have to disappear from the source tree, and
> I don't see why Scott or I should have to look the other way.  I don't
> know about RAIDFrame, but Vinum still works for the most part:

[...]

> > In the p4 tree, we can easier add new talent to our developer force
> > and I am pretty sure that some sort of merry band of developers
> > would form around both RF and vinum there.
>
> OK, I'm not a fan of p4, but I suspect that's not the issue.  This
> sounds like a way of suggesting "Let's do VinumNG and RFNG and get a
> whole lot of people involved".  I couldn't agree more.

[...]

> > I'd say lets kick them both into perforce and let whoever wants
> > their hands have a go at them.
>
> For some definition of perforce, I'm all for it.  Note that there's
> also an OS-independent mailing list (see
> http://www.auug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/vinum-devel for joining
> instructions).

I'm a little bit confused. I've read Pouls mail as an suggestion to
remove vinum from -current and let people modify it in the perforce
repository. If I got this wrong, please tell me and everything is fine,
but if I got it right, do you (Greg) agree to remove it from -current?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I will be available to get hired in April 2004.