Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:01:59 -0400
From:      reese@adeptscience.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Virutual PC 2007 FBSD 6.3 hangs on install

 I am trying to get Vitual PC Version 2007 to install FreeBSD as a guest
system.  I tried first with FBSD ver. 6.3 and that failed by hanging
saying:

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0

After looking on the web I found this mentioned in bug
reports but did not see any fixes.

Giving up on 6.3 I downloaded an iso image of
FBSD 5.5

This time I got through the boot procedure and started a
standard install from sysinstall.  I got the disk labled and
partitioned to / /var /usr and a swap but when I finished
I got a few popup screens and finally one that said

'unable to make new root file system on /dev/ad0s1a'

A few questions?

Is anyone working to fix the problem with 6.3?

Any sugestions as to what my problem might be with 5.5?

Any version of FRSD known to work with Vitual PC ver. 2007?

Does VMWare work with 6.3 and if so do I need
VMWare Workstation or VMWare Player or ????

Cheers,
Charlie Reese