Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:23:52 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIA chip set "flaws"

On Sunday, 30 December 2001 at  9:32:57 +1300, Juha Saarinen wrote:

  According to tecChannel Via has confirmed the problem, and says it
  is working on a solution. However it is not clear whether new
  drivers will be enough, or whether it will need a redesign of the
  chipsets. There is an unofficial patch produced by George Breese of
  Networking Resources available here, but as tecChannel says, you use
  this at your own risk

That doesn't sound like hardware to me.  Also, I've seen test results
from sources I respect which show pretty much the opposite.

Greg